Thursday, July 10, 2008

PEAS

For those of you who know me well, this is a sight you should hold onto because I am not sure it will happen again! I laughed at myself for turning into a true "southerner"! Dan asked me if I liked working so hard for my food, like in the old days. I said no way...I'd much rather pull up to a window or have someone come ask me what they can get for me. :) Someone from our church gave us 5 gallons of white peas...yes I said 5 gallons. As I type this my fingers shake from all of the poopin' & cleanin' they've done and I am only half way through that 5 gallon bucket! The kids were excited to help me shell some of them.
They were really into it, as you can tell!! We sang the Beans song by Andrew Peterson & Randall Goodgame! (it's from the slugs & bugs & lullibys album...you should check it out. it's very fun for the kiddos! that's been our travel music so far this summer!)
Anyway, we had tons of fun with the beans. We even ate some for dinner tonight. They are much like black eyed peas (which i actually don't like b/c of the texture, so all the hard work and I only ate a few of them!) Also I was having a little artsy fun with the beans in the bowls as you can tell.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: