Monday, February 25, 2008

I love my kids

I just wanted to say that after the last few days of describing my kids to different people and talking to Dan about them I realize that I love them so much. It's funny how I think I love them more after telling someone about them and the things they do. I also love that special people in my life enjoy my kids as much as I do, if not more. :) Becky came over this weekend to keep the three older kids while Dan and I were gone and I just really love how she loves our kids and thinks they are great. She knows they misbehave, and they even misbehave for her sometimes, but she still loves them and thinks they are funny! I think that it helps me love them more and helps me with my ability to laugh at them when I hear her laugh at them. They say the funniest things too. Yesterday after church we were eating lunch at the Mexican restaurant and Jonah was being independent and trying to get the ketchup spilled Dan's Diet Coke all over the place, I think Dan must have said "Jonah" loudly or something. And a few minutes later while it was being cleaned up Jonah said with a big smile,"my Dad screamed like a girl!" Of course the whole table erupted with laughter. It was really funny. And I don't really think Dan even screamed. Also, lately Anna has been answering with a "yep" whenever you ask her anything. It's really funny.
I recommend to you parents out there that when you go to bed at night talk with your spouse about your day and how the kids were. It generally helps melt the frustrations and stress of the day to share funny stories and sayings of the kids. It will make you fall in love with them each night so that when you wake up the next morning your are starting a new day with fresh perspective!!

No comments: